that’s life, that’s what people say.
youre riding high in april,
shot down in may.
but i know im gonna change that tune,
when im back on top in june.
that’s life, funny as it seems.
some people get their kicks,
steppin on dreams;
but i don’t let it get me down,
cause this ol word keeps getting around.
ive been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
a poet, a p-wn and a king.
ive been up and down and over and out
and i know one thing:
each time i find myself flat on my face,
i pick myself up and get back in the race.
that’s life, i can’t deny it,
i thought of quitting,
but my heart just wont buy it.
if i didn’t think it was worth a try,
id roll myself up in a big ball and die
- welcome to the pleasuredome – frankie goes to hollywood lyrics
- rabbit fur coat – jenny lewis with the watson twins lyrics
- anthrax (power ballad version) – kimya dawson lyrics
- welcome to the pleasuredome (urban/tribal mix) – frankie goes to hollywood lyrics
- melt your heart – jenny lewis with the watson twins lyrics